Maskne: How To Prevent It?
Just when you thought acne wasn’t a skin issue anymore!
MASKNE or mask-related acne!
The new normal requires us to wear masks regularly and for longer periods of time in some cases. While we’re covering up our mouths and noses to stop the spread of covid-19.
It is mandatory to wear one on public transport, in shops and anywhere that social distancing is difficult. Unfortunately some of us are uncovering a new problem — maskne. Don’t worry because I have a view tips to help you stop maskne from occurring.
What causes maskne?
When wearing our masks, it can impose heat, friction on the skin and when combined with a moist environment from breathing, talking or sweating, this is a recipe for breakouts. Your pores get clogged and become spots/pimples/pustules.
How to prevent Maskne?
Follow these simple steps to help your skin if you are suffering from maskne.
- Wash your face every morning and evening with a gentle cleansing gel. This will prevent oil and sebum to be trapped on your skins surface.
- Exfoliate your skin twice a week to help remove any bacteria build up. asap’s daily facial exfoliating scrub contains biodegradable beads to exfoliate the skin promoting cell renewal and assists with unclogging pores.
- Apply a hydrating serum – Super B complexion is hydrating and helps to regulate excess sebum production. Keeping the skin hydrate
- Apply a moisturiser- The daily Defence moisturising is non-comedogenic, has zinc oxide this will keep your skin hydrate and protect it. It will act as a barrier between your skin and the mask.
- Wear less make-up to avoid clogging your pores. If you do wear makeup try a mineral makeup or lighter makeup like a CC cream. it cosmetics have a great CC colour correcting cream with SPF 50. This will allow your skin to breath.
- Change/Wash your mask regularly- would you wear the same knickers twice? Think of the amount of bacteria that will build up on your mask from sweat and makeup!
Having the right skincare treatment is a key factor to preventing and controlling maskne breakouts. If you are suffering with maskne or acne please get in touch.
The first step to great skin is great skincare products.